The test material contains spiked and incurred levels of pyrrolizidine alkaloids.
The scope of the test is defined by
the so-called BfR28 pyrrolizidine alkaloids
- Echimidine (Em) and echimidine-N-oxide (EmN)
- Erucifoline (Er) and erucifoline-N-oxide (ErN)
- Europine (Eu) and europine-N-oxide (EuN)
- Heliotrine (Hn) and heliotrine-N-oxide (HnN)
- Intermedine (Im) and intermedine-N-oxide (ImN)
- Jacobine (Jb) and jacobine-N-oxide (JbN)
- Lasiocarpine (Lc) and lasiocarpine-N-oxide (LcN)
- Monocrotaline (Mc) and monocrotaline-N-oxide (McN)
- Retrorsine (Re) and retrorsine-N-oxide (ReN)
- Senecionine (Sc) and senecionine-N-oxide (ScN)
- Seneciphylline (Sp) and seneciphylline-N-oxide (SpN)
- Senecivernine (Sv) and senecivernine-N-oxide (SvN)
- Senekirkine (Sk)
- Trichodesmine (Td)
as well as by the co-eluting pyrrolizidine alkaloids defined by EFSA (Document D067816/03 ANNEX)
- Indicine and indicine-N-oxide
- Echinatine and echinatine-N-oxide
- Rinderine and rinderine-N-oxide
- Integerrimine and integerrimine-N-oxide
- Heliosupine and heliosupine-N-oxide
- Spartioidine and spartioidine-N-oxide
- Usaramine and usaramine-N-oxide
The aim of the test is
- the identification of the spiked and incurred pyrrolizidine alkaloids.
- the correct quantification of the spiked alkaloids with respect to the trueness criterion (70-120 % recovery of the spiked level).
- the correct quantification of the spiked and incurred alkaloids with respect to the comparability criterion (z-score ≤ |2|).
echimidine (Em), echimidine-N-oxide (EmN), erucifoline (Er), erucifoline-N-oxide (ErN), europine (Eu), europine-N-oxide (EuN), heliotrine (Hn), heliotrine-N-oxide (HnN), intermedine (Im), intermedine-N-oxide (ImN), jacobine (Jb), jacobine-N-oxide (JbN), lasiocarpine (Lc), lasiocarpine-N-oxide (LcN), lycopsamine (La), lycopsamine-N-oxide (LaN), monocrotaline (Mc), monocrotaline-N-oxide (McN), retrorsine (Re), retrorsine-N-oxide (ReN), senecionine (Sc), senecionine-N-oxide (ScN), seneciphylline (Sp), seneciphylline-N-oxide (SpN), senecivernine (Sv), senecivernine-N-oxide (SvN), senkirkine (Sk), trichodesmine (Td), echinatine, echinatine-N-oxide, heliosupine, heliosupine-N-oxide, indicine, indicine-N-oxide, integerrimine, integerrimine-N-oxide, rinderine, rinderine-N-oxide, spartioidine, spartioidine-N-oxide, usaramine, usaramine-N-oxide
Expected time schedule
Please register before:
01 February 2021
Dispatch of samples:
22 March 2021
Deadline for reporting results:
15 April 2021
Costs of P2114-RT
|Ring test and material
||Price per unit
Pyrrolizidine alkaloids in cumin
Test material cumin
Cumin, milled, with spiked and incurred PAs.
Blank material cumin
Cumin, milled, unspiked.
Note: PROOF-ACS reserves the right to cancel tests in case of less than ten